Does Live Caller ID Lookup entirely replace Call SIP content, or are they ever combined?

If an iPhone receives an incoming call with some partial sip content (for example it contains a name but not an image, or vice versa) and if there is an app enabled for Live Caller ID Lookup, and the result of that lookup supplies data not in the sip (i.e. the lookup returns an image, but not a name, or vice versa). Then could the OS combine data from both sources, or is whatever is returned from the LCIDL what gets displayed in the call screen. I suppose that is the case but just want to enquire to make sure.

Thank you

If an iPhone receives an incoming call with some partial sip content (for example it contains a name but not an image, or vice versa) and if there is an app enabled for Live Caller ID Lookup, and the result of that lookup supplies data not in the sip (i.e. the lookup returns an image, but not a name, or vice versa).

By "sip content", do you mean calls reported by 3rd party voip apps? In general, 3rd party voip apps have never been handled/covered by any of our call identification/blocking APIs, and I don't think Live Caller ID is any different.

__
Kevin Elliott
DTS Engineer, CoreOS/Hardware

@Kevin Elliott Sorry I should have clarified that. No I don't mean a Voip call I mean a regular call.

For example, identifying information about the caller might be in the P-Asserted-Identitiy field, or an image might be specified in the Call-Info header (with purpose=icon).

So I was wondering, for example suppose a call arrived and P-Asserted-Identity was empty but Call-Info contained an icon, and LCID returned a name but no icon, then would the OS combine the icon from Call-Info with the name from LCID to display a name and an icon?

So I was wondering, for example suppose a call arrived and P-Asserted-Identity was empty but Call-Info contained an icon, and LCID returned a name but no icon, then would the OS combine the icon from Call-Info with the name from LCID to display a name and an icon?

No, we don't "mix" data like this. There's basically a "hierarchy" of data sources and we only present the data from that data source (whichever one "works"). For example, if there is a contact card for a specific number then that's what we're going to show to that user, regardless of what any other data source would have returned*.

*Primarily for performance reason, we basically stop "looking" at the first data source that matches, so we aren't going to look at other data.

We don't "overlap" data source because it creates the possibility of confusion and could potentially be exploited.

__
Kevin Elliott
DTS Engineer, CoreOS/Hardware

Does Live Caller ID Lookup entirely replace Call SIP content, or are they ever combined?

Q