Notarization consistently taking days to complete

Hi all —

Hoping you all have insights on notarization.

We are a small startup using Apple Business Essentials as our company MDM, managing our fleet of Macs. ABE has the capability (as with every MDM) to deploy custom software to those Macs via .pkg files.

We create the package files with no problem, and also codesign them with no problem. We discovered that the Macs will fail to install the packages if the package is not notarized (which makes sense from the perspective of Gatekeeper).

Notarizing the package was easy. Submitting them is easy. But the processing time has been crazy! I've read from posts here that the first submissions can take a long time, and indeed ours did — iirc, about 48 hours. But the pattern has continued. Our most recent submission (submission id 2a714bbf-83e7-4a25-b936-e002c94e1704 if someone from Apple is reading) has now taken almost 4 days and is still In Progress.

I have no idea how to resolve this, or even to understand what's holding up the submission. Anyone have any ideas?

We are not intending to deploy any of these packages to the public (only to our corporate Macs). I'd love to avoid the notarization but it doesn't seem possible.

Any ideas?

Answered by atypical-rb in 800796022

To whoever the little Apple birdie is that read this and kicked the submission, thank you... 🙏

The earlier submission was accepted and so was one I submitted this morning (as an experiment). You are appreciated.

To whoever the little Apple birdie is that read this and kicked the submission, thank you... 🙏

The earlier submission was accepted and so was one I submitted this morning (as an experiment). You are appreciated.

Notarization consistently taking days to complete

Q