Problem enrolling in the Apple Developer Program

I've been trying to enroll in the Apple Developer Program for about a week now. The problem seems to be that I'm not in my home country. I'm currently in Japan, but I'm not Japanese. When I go to enter my billing information, it always says that I "should check it for mistakes," and recently it says "try again later."

Here's the kicker - every time I ask form help from an advisor, they tell me to contact someone from the Developer Team - but absolutely nobody on the Developer Team can help me in English (really???!!!). As a result, they always send me away to talk to someone who works in another department and who consequently cannot understand what my problem is and who tells me to talk to someone on the Developer Team - continuing the vicious cycle.

Does anybody know how I can get through this? I just want to sign up for the Apple Developer Program....

Trying to sign up too but it gave me issues after scanning my ID. Their support aren't taking calls right now and haven't responded via email in almost 12 hours now

Problem enrolling in the Apple Developer Program

Q