Chat gpt audio in background

Dear Apple Development Team,

I’m writing to express my concerns and request a feature enhancement regarding the ChatGPT app for iOS. Currently, the app's audio functionality does not work when the app is in the background. This limitation significantly affects the user experience, particularly for those of us who rely on the app for ongoing, interactive voice conversations.

Given that many apps, particularly media and streaming services, are allowed to continue audio playback when minimized, it’s frustrating that the ChatGPT app cannot do the same. This restriction interrupts the flow of conversation, forcing users to stay within the app to maintain an audio connection.

For users who multitask on their iPhones, being able to switch between apps while continuing to listen or interact with ChatGPT is essential. The ability to reference notes, browse the web, or even respond to messages while maintaining an ongoing conversation with ChatGPT would greatly enhance the app’s usability and align it with other background-capable apps.

I understand that Apple prioritizes resource management and device performance, but I believe there’s a strong case for allowing apps like ChatGPT to operate with background audio. Given its growing importance as a tool for productivity, learning, and communication, adding this capability would provide significant value to users.

I hope you will consider this feedback for future updates to iOS, or provide guidance on any existing APIs that could be leveraged to enable such functionality.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,
luke

yes I used gpt to write this.

These are the Developer Forums, where developers of third-party apps for Apple's platforms ask each other for hints and tips on coding.

These forums are not where Apple's actual developers chat about new features.

If you have a suggestion, you should raise it at: https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Chat gpt audio in background

Q