CarPlay Map Displays White Screen

Hello, I'm somewhat new to CarPlay integration and am having an issue. I have ready through Apple's CarPlay Programming Guide, reviewed their code samples and have exhausted my searches online to help find a solution to my problem.

I have been unable to get a basic map to display on my CarPlay map utilizing the following:

import CarPlay

class CarPlaySceneDelegate: UIResponder, CPTemplateApplicationSceneDelegate { var interfaceController: CPInterfaceController? var window: CPWindow?

func templateApplicationScene(_ templateApplicationScene: CPTemplateApplicationScene, didConnect interfaceController: CPInterfaceController) {
	self.interfaceController = interfaceController

let mapTemplate = CPMapTemplate()
	mapTemplate.mapDelegate = self

interfaceController.setRootTemplate(mapTemplate, animated: true, completion: { success, error in
		if let error = error {
			debugPrint("Error: \(error)")
		} else {
			print("CarPlay Map Should Be Displayed")
		}
	})

let trip = CPTrip(origin: MKMapItem(placemark: .init(coordinate: CLLocationCoordinate2D(latitude: 0.0, longitude: 0.0))), destination: MKMapItem(placemark: .init(coordinate: CLLocationCoordinate2D(latitude: 0.0, longitude: 0.0))), routeChoices: [])
	mapTemplate.startNavigationSession(for: trip)
}

}

extension CarPlaySceneDelegate: CPMapTemplateDelegate { func mapTemplate(_ mapTemplate: CPMapTemplate, panWith direction: CPMapTemplate.PanDirection) { // Handle panning }

func mapTemplate(_ mapTemplate: CPMapTemplate, startedTrip trip: CPTrip, using routeChoice: CPRouteChoice) {
	// Handle trip start
}

}

I have my CarPlay Entitlements setup, I have my CarPlay Navigation App set in my signing and capabilities and my app icon displays properly on CarPlay (both in simulator and inside of my vehicle). However, as mentioned I only get a white screen.

Now, if I utilize the following code, I will get my map to display, however I lose functionality such as panning the map. I'm sure that I am missing something simple on the above example and appreciate any guidance that you may have.

func createMapTemplate(destination: TripDetails?, destinationBL: BucketListItems?, route: MKRoute, window: UIWindow) -> CPMapTemplate {
	mapTemplate = CPMapTemplate()
	mapTemplate.mapDelegate = self
	trip = nil

let startLocation = CLLocation(latitude: location.coordinate.latitude, longitude: location.coordinate.longitude)

let startMapItem = MKMapItem(placemark: MKPlacemark(coordinate: startLocation.coordinate))
	startMapItem.name = "Starting Location"
	let endMapItem = MKMapItem(placemark: MKPlacemark(coordinate: route.polyline.points()[route.polyline.pointCount - 1].coordinate))
	endMapItem.name = destination?.campgroundName != nil ? destination!.campgroundName : destinationBL!.name

// Create the hosting controller for the SwiftUI view
	let mapViewController = UIHostingController(rootView: CarPlayMapView(templateManager: self))

window.rootViewController = mapViewController
	window.makeKeyAndVisible()

let routeChoice = createCPRouteChoice(from: route)

trip = CPTrip(origin: startMapItem, destination: endMapItem, routeChoices: [routeChoice])

mapTemplate(mapTemplate, selectedPreviewFor: trip!, using: routeChoice)
	mapTemplate.showTripPreviews([trip!], textConfiguration: nil)

return mapTemplate
}

Hi! As a navigation template app, you should be implementing the CPTemplateApplicationSceneDelegate connection method with the window parameter:

- (void)templateApplicationScene:(CPTemplateApplicationScene *)templateApplicationScene
   didConnectInterfaceController:(CPInterfaceController *)interfaceController
                        toWindow:(CPWindow *)window;

The window provided in this method is where you should be drawing your map content.

I will get my map to display, however I lose functionality such as panning the map.

Keep in mind that touches on the map layer are not delivered to your app. Instead, check out the panning interface methods on CPMapTemplate, particularly showPanningInterfaceAnimated:. You can also add a map button that shows the panning interface when tapped.

CarPlay Map Displays White Screen

Q