WidgetKit complications do not appear on watchOS 11 beta 5

Third-party WidgetKit complications on watchOS 11 beta 5 are not appearing in the list of available complications. They have also disappeared from watch faces where they were installed. The exact same complications were working fine on earlier betas. This is happening on device, but not in simulator.

This issue may be related to FB14684253, which was fixed with the release of Xcode beta 5. However, Xcode beta 5 does not fix the issue on Apple Watch.

As a sanity check, I also tried with the Backyard Birds sample project, and the complications for that app aren't appearing on device either.

Filed as FB14689021.

+1 have the same issue. Did you find out workaround for it?

I also have a few testers seeing this but some are unaffected on the same beta OS. I can't figure out if its an issue with my code or the watchOS beta

This sounds like it may be a bug but the best first course of action here would be to use Console.app to monitor to the relevant processes related to your app and extensions.

A good way to start would be with filtering by the BundleID of the target and / or the target name itself (the process name).

Also be sure to check the system processes for additional information. This will vary based on what and where you are looking but some examples:
To debug APNS you'll want to monitor apnd along with other relevant processes.
To debug WidgetKit, LiveActivities, Dynamic Island you'll want to monitor springboardd, liveactivitiesd along with other relevant processes.

In this case chronod may shed light on the issue.

Rico
WWDR - DTS - Software Engineer

WidgetKit complications do not appear on watchOS 11 beta 5

Q