system extension failed to validate

I facing issue where the system extension i try to install have message:

no related kext found for sysex 'com.apple.usbsoundriver' com.apple.usbsoundriver:extension failed to validate! uninstalling... uninstalling invalid extension com.apple.usbsoundriver

Is internet access is required for system extension validation? I install the driver without internet access.

This work in some others machine, only fresh reformated Mac machine without internet connection have this issue. Why is this so?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 801589022

OK.

macOS’s trusted execution system uses stricter rules for system extensions than for normal apps. However, I think that only applies to KEXTs, not DEXTs. The standard (non-App Store) distribution model for a DEXT is the same as for an app, that is, you should follow the process described in:

If you want your code to run without Internet access, you’ll need to staple the notarised ticket to your distribution product.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Is this a product you’re creating?

Share and Enjoy

Yes, it is system extension i created to communicate through usb to the hardware.

So DriverKit then? [1]

Share and Enjoy

[1] Annoyingly, Apple uses system extension for both KEXTs and DEXTs )-:

Yes, DriverKit is part of the extension

it is DEXT

OK.

macOS’s trusted execution system uses stricter rules for system extensions than for normal apps. However, I think that only applies to KEXTs, not DEXTs. The standard (non-App Store) distribution model for a DEXT is the same as for an app, that is, you should follow the process described in:

If you want your code to run without Internet access, you’ll need to staple the notarised ticket to your distribution product.

Share and Enjoy

system extension failed to validate

Q