Mobile data error - after iOS 18 update - modem firmware 2.15.01

Hi everyone,

I recently updated my iPhone to iOS 18 and have been experiencing significant issues with my cellular network since then. The primary problems include:

• Random disconnections from the cellular network
  • Frequent "call failed" errors during phone calls

After some troubleshooting, I identified that these issues are related to the modem firmware. In an attempt to resolve this, I downgraded my iPhone to iOS 17.6, but the modem firmware remained unchanged and the problems persisted. Today, I updated to iOS 18.1, hoping it might address the issue, but unfortunately, it didn't help either.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue or if there is an expected update to fix this modem firmware problem?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

IPhone 15 pro, iOS 18.1

Answered by BlackDenis777 in 798993022

However, I found a solution that worked for me:

1.	Update your iPhone to the iOS 18 developer beta.
2.	Then update to iOS 18.1.
3.	Use a computer to downgrade your iPhone to iOS 17.6.

This process successfully resolved the issues with the cellular network and call failures on my iPhone.

I hope this helps!

Yes, well known issue now. My experience is on ios18 in UK on EE network. EE isn’t aware of it as a main issue at the moment, though I called them to troubleshoot the issue before realising it was a modem firmware issue with Apple (ohoh Apple!) this is the joy of trying beta products. Hopefully will be fixed soon. Isn’t a massive issue for me at the moment though if anyone finds a fix would be good to know. Think it is a modem firmware issue that can’t be rectified right now.

Same here its horrific

I've been having the exact same problems since I updated my phone to iOS 18 beta 3. Then version 18.1 came out and the problem still persists. Deleting the network settings does not help.

I have the same problem and sometimes it disconnects too many times need the fix asap

Accepted Answer

However, I found a solution that worked for me:

1.	Update your iPhone to the iOS 18 developer beta.
2.	Then update to iOS 18.1.
3.	Use a computer to downgrade your iPhone to iOS 17.6.

This process successfully resolved the issues with the cellular network and call failures on my iPhone.

I hope this helps!

I still have the same issues waiting on the fix

iOS 18 beta 5 also works for me!

I experienced the same issue after updating to iOS 18 beta 5, where mobile data stopped working. However, I manually set the cellular data network from other phone with same provider , and voilà, it started working again.

Hi,

I am facing the same issue -- updated foolishly to the iOS18 beta on iPhone XS (while abroad) and could not connect to the cellular network at all! miserable a nd stressed me out since i am not home!

I am still working with Apple tech and sent them all of the details they requested but i think i have a temp fix.

IOs18 is messing up connectivity with 5G so when you switch manually to 4G network - it connects fine and everything works --c alls, texts, data without wifi.

How do you switch to 4G manually?

Go to settings -- general> select your cell sim line > turn it on >network selection -- turn off the automatic selection toggle and manually select whichever 4G option is available in your area.

make sure your data roaming is also on along with your cellular data option pointing to the right active line,

Also, what I did last two days (not sure at this point all that was needed! ) but maybe:

1. I erased my phone completely AFTER making an iCloud backup of everything.
  2. Restored the IOS using my mac -- does not take too long with wifi
  3. Set up my iphone as new -- this is imp if you want to avoid downloading any software glitches that may have been previously.
  4. backed up my data using my Icloud -- this took a long time for me given the photos/texts/emails etc.

Hope this helps others!

Mobile data error - after iOS 18 update - modem firmware 2.15.01

Q