Provisioning profile with network extension capability giving error after adding packet tunnel capability in xcode

I am working on mac app development which will be distributed outside the App Store.

I added the network extension capability to my project and created a bundle id and provisioning profile with the same feature. When I configured the provisioning profile using Xcode (manual signing), it was configured fine.

But when I added the packet tunnel capability to my network extension, it started giving me an error.

I have created a Developer ID Application Certificate and use it when creating a provisioning profile.

I have followed steps mentioned here for doing same: Distribute outside the Mac App Store (macOS), Network Extensions Entitlement

Is this any Xcode bug or am I missing something? Please check screenshot below for error.

Answered by DTS Engineer in 798697022
I have created a Developer ID Application Certificate and use it when creating a provisioning profile.

Building an NE sysex for direct distribution is tricky. You can find the full story in Exporting a Developer ID Network Extension.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Accepted Answer

Building an NE sysex for direct distribution is tricky. You can find the full story in Exporting a Developer ID Network Extension.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Provisioning profile with network extension capability giving error after adding packet tunnel capability in xcode

Q