My iCloud mail suddenly stopped working on ios18.0

Everything else works, no vpn on, I’ve tried signing out and back in, restarting the phone etc. I also can’t get into only my mail on a browser on pc, even though every other iCloud service works.

maybe this has something to do with it?

I’ve already contacted Apple, and they think it’s the beta causing the issue because I have advanced data protection turned on as well. That’s how they explain that I also can’t get into my iCloud mail on a pc browser, which could be true. Issue is, I can’t turn off advanced data protection either

really in a pickle here. They told me post here, or do a device recovery back to stable. But even a recovery back to stable won’t be great because they’re not sure if a lot of the backed up data on iCloud is going to work with the old stable.

any ideas?

I’m a bit late to the party but I just realized most are already on 18.1. I figure updating to that could very well fix my issue, so I’m trying that now.

I found that this Japanese person seems to be having the same issue, except that they're still on ios17 and using an iPhone 14, and it's only affecting their mail, and started 3 days, which is very similar to when my issue began. https://discussionsjapan.apple.com/thread/255699311

Just keeping everyone updated with the latest, because why not, but also there could be some actual account issues at Apple right now.

After becoming even more skeptical that it's the beta, or my device being the problem, I reverted to the latest stable branch. The issues persisted, in spite of what the original senior support person said, being that it would probably fix it. So I contacted Apple senior support again, got a different person, and this person pretty instantly recognized that it's probably not a device issue, and so we collected screenshots, sent in logs, and they elevated it to the engineering support team.

So, where we're at now: This senior support tech agreed that it is more likely an account issue at this point, not the beta, nor the device itself. This always made more sense to me, given that I couldn't access my mail even on other devices, while simultaneously, every single other service is behaving 100% normally, again, even on other devices.

I will follow up here when they follow up with me.

Well, after they got back to me once asking me to change my icloud password, which I did, and it didn't work (but was a decent idea given the issue), the issue was re-elevated. That was yesterday. Today within the last couple hours, my email is back and seemingly working, so the issue seems to be solved. I haven't been contacted about it yet. I'd also mention though, that I think they knew the issue was on their side the whole time, as there are no new emails in the account. There shouldn't be a reason that my inability to authenticate to my account would stop emails from coming into it from senders, meaning my box should be full of emails from the past week, and I should now be able to see them. So clearly, some larger thing was going on at Apple, but it seems to be fixed now.

My iCloud mail suddenly stopped working on ios18.0

Q