Restore iOS 18 Backup

I posted my question in the regular Apple forum and it was automatically removed cause it mentioned beta software with a note saying to ask on here, apologies if this isn't the most on-topic.

I updated to the iOS 18 beta and made the mistake of not making a backup before. I wanted to downgrade back to iOS 17, so I did a backup with iOS 18 (to my Mac), restored the phone to factory settings, and realized that my iOS 18 backup isn't compatible with iOS 17.

I updated back to iOS 18, and I was wondering if I could restore my iOS 18 backup to my iPhone. From what I can tell, the restoration process removed the iOS 18 beta when I unenrolled from the beta. If I'm still enrolled in the beta and I restore to factory settings, will it keep the iOS 18 beta?

If not, can I restore the backup when iOS 18 is officially released in September?

Thanks

Answered by msmk000 in 797910022

Tried it out for myself and it turns out the answer is yes, you can restore data while on an iOS beta!

Accepted Answer

Tried it out for myself and it turns out the answer is yes, you can restore data while on an iOS beta!

Restore iOS 18 Backup

Q