UDID for Apple watch series 9

Hi, I am currently trying to install and run a watchOS App I developed in Xcode on an Apple watch series 9. I would like to add the Apple watch as a registered device to a developer account. I need to provide the device name and the device ID or UDID to register the Apple watch. I am not sure how I can get the UDID for the Apple watch. I would appreciate your help with information on how I can get the UDID for the Apple watch and if the watch needs to be registered with a developer account for installing and running a watchOS app from Xcode on the Apple watch. Thank you.

Answered by DTS Engineer in 797079022
how I can get the UDID for the Apple watch

If your watch is paired to an iPhone with Developer Mode enabled, the watch shows up in Xcode’s Devices and Simulator window and you can get the provisioning identifier from there. Look for it in the Identifier field.

[does] the watch needs to be registered with a developer account for installing and running a watchOS app from Xcode

It does. Although, if you you run from Xcode, its automatic code signing usually takes care of all this red tape.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

how I can get the UDID for the Apple watch

If your watch is paired to an iPhone with Developer Mode enabled, the watch shows up in Xcode’s Devices and Simulator window and you can get the provisioning identifier from there. Look for it in the Identifier field.

[does] the watch needs to be registered with a developer account for installing and running a watchOS app from Xcode

It does. Although, if you you run from Xcode, its automatic code signing usually takes care of all this red tape.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

UDID for Apple watch series 9

Q