Wi-Fi join popup is displayed unexpectedly on top of other apps as well as lock screen

As the tile shows, the Wi-Fi join popup is displayed unexpectedly on top of other apps as well as lock screen. Why is this?

Answered by sglee1234 in 796612022

The Wi-Fi join popup ("App" wants to Join Wi-Fi Network "Device SSID") is the system popup which is triggered by the App. I think this popup should be suppressed if another App is shown while the App went into background although it was called by the App.

Accepted Answer

The Wi-Fi join popup ("App" wants to Join Wi-Fi Network "Device SSID") is the system popup which is triggered by the App. I think this popup should be suppressed if another App is shown while the App went into background although it was called by the App.

I’d like to get a better idea of the context here. Are you talking about the alert that shows up when you apply a configuration using NEHotspotConfigurationManager?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Yes, that is the correct one. - NEHotspotConfigurationManager

So you’re calling NEHotspotConfigurationManager.apply(_:completionHandler:) while your app is in the background and the alert actually shows up on screen?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Wi-Fi join popup is displayed unexpectedly on top of other apps as well as lock screen

Q