Change or Add USB Vendor ID in entitlement

In my account, there is already a driver kit usb transport vendor id(4070) in the Identifiers capability . I posted a new request for new usb vendor id(14203) , and there are now 2 driver kit usb transport vendor id entitlement in the account's identifiers, one is for old id (4070), another is not for new id(14203). so how can I add a new usb vendor id ? or change the old one?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 796188022

I posted a new request for new usb vendor id(14203) , and there are now 2 driver kit usb transport vendor id entitlement in the account's identifiers, one is for old id (4070), another is not for new id(14203). so how can I add a new usb vendor id ? or change the old one?

Unfortunately the current DriverKit code signing configuration process is fairly limited. Every entitlement configuration you're granted corresponds to a specific entitlement configuration and the portal is not capable of merging those configurations. If you enable overlapping entitlements on the same app record in the portal, the portal ends up generating a provisioning profile that includes one of the entitlements and discards the other.

In other words, if you are granted an entitlement configured as:

com.apple.developer.driverkit.transport.usb = {
	idVendor = 4070;
}

And another as:

idVendor = 14203;
}

All that allows is for you to sign a DEXT with either of those two specific configurations, not both. If you want to ship single driver that matches both of those configurations, then you need to request a new entitlement configuration that includes both vendor IDs in the entitlement.

__
Kevin Elliott
DTS Engineer, CoreOS/Hardware

I generated two provision profiles by driver kit usb transport vendor id respectively. no one can be used for usb vendor id 14203, so our driver dext can not be signed if our hardware's usb vendor id is 14203

I posted a new request for new usb vendor id(14203) , and there are now 2 driver kit usb transport vendor id entitlement in the account's identifiers, one is for old id (4070), another is not for new id(14203). so how can I add a new usb vendor id ? or change the old one?

Unfortunately the current DriverKit code signing configuration process is fairly limited. Every entitlement configuration you're granted corresponds to a specific entitlement configuration and the portal is not capable of merging those configurations. If you enable overlapping entitlements on the same app record in the portal, the portal ends up generating a provisioning profile that includes one of the entitlements and discards the other.

In other words, if you are granted an entitlement configured as:

idVendor = 4070;
}

And another as:

idVendor = 14203;
}

All that allows is for you to sign a DEXT with either of those two specific configurations, not both. If you want to ship single driver that matches both of those configurations, then you need to request a new entitlement configuration that includes both vendor IDs in the entitlement.

__
Kevin Elliott
DTS Engineer, CoreOS/Hardware

Change or Add USB Vendor ID in entitlement

Q