AccessibilityUIServer has microphone locked

Just installed iOS 18 Beta 3. I am seeing my AccessibilityUIServer using the microphone and this is causing no notification sounds, inability to use Siri by voice and volume is grayed out.

If I start to play anything with sound AccessibilityUIServer releases the microphone and I am able to use the app.

Calls still work since AccessibilityUIServer will release and the phone will ring.

Feed back ID is FB14241838.

Answered by Engineer in 794501022

Hi Midnite630,

Thanks for reporting this. In the meantime, do you have Vocal Shortcuts enabled? In Settings > Accessibility > Vocal Shortcuts. Turning this off should remove the microphone assertions that you are seeing.

Thanks & hope this helps!

Accepted Answer

Hi Midnite630,

Thanks for reporting this. In the meantime, do you have Vocal Shortcuts enabled? In Settings > Accessibility > Vocal Shortcuts. Turning this off should remove the microphone assertions that you are seeing.

Thanks & hope this helps!

I am having the exact problem

Thank you. It was on but nothing setup. I had to created on to get the option to turn it off.

Thanks Apple,

You just had to create a voice shortcut to be able to deactivate it.

Me too. I cannot play any audio except for Spotify and Apple Music and a few other music apps. Even Instagram audio isn'y playing

im,shaving the same issue, been there since beta 2 and still there om beta 4, turning off vocal shortcuts resolves it, but obviosly it has to be fixed otherwise what's the point of having the feature in the first place?

I am having the exact same issue here since iOS 18 beta 2

Как отключить

它是不是坏了

Thanks . when turning off the vocal shortcuts all back to work when open apps like instagram sound

This keeps coming back when I boot my mac, even if the option is off and there is no shortcut. Seems like a bug. macOS Sequoia 15.0 (24A335)

Hi, Midnite630

I was facing the same issue for a few days. but now Its been solved, thank so much.

AccessibilityUIServer has microphone locked

Q