Call Api when user kill the app

I am creating app in which when user login i am hitting create session api and when user kill the app or not using the app i want to call delete session api. So how i can implement this feature

Answered by DTS Engineer in 794008022

There isn’t a general solution to this problem. The applicationWillTerminate(_:) delegate function that Claude31 mentioned is only called if the user removes your app from the multitasking UI while the app is running. If they do that while the app is suspended, or they just move it to the background and leave it there for long enough, the system doesn’t notify your app when it’s terminated.

As to what you should do, it depends on the semantics of this “session api”. In most cases these problems are best solved on the server side. Imagine, for example, if the user puts their phone, with your app running, into a Faraday cage. From the server’s perspective the app has just stopped responded on that session. Your server needs some way to handle that, regardless of this issue.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Did you try to implement it in AppDelegate function:

func applicationWillTerminate(_ application: UIApplication) {
      // call delete session api
}

There isn’t a general solution to this problem. The applicationWillTerminate(_:) delegate function that Claude31 mentioned is only called if the user removes your app from the multitasking UI while the app is running. If they do that while the app is suspended, or they just move it to the background and leave it there for long enough, the system doesn’t notify your app when it’s terminated.

As to what you should do, it depends on the semantics of this “session api”. In most cases these problems are best solved on the server side. Imagine, for example, if the user puts their phone, with your app running, into a Faraday cage. From the server’s perspective the app has just stopped responded on that session. Your server needs some way to handle that, regardless of this issue.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Call Api when user kill the app

Q