Incorrect platform, arm64 executable

Hello, We encountered the following error while attempting to upload our visionOS app. Please note that this is not an iOS app; we have specifically built the framework for the arm64 visionOS platform.

Incorrect Platform. You included arm64 executable “XX.app/Frameworks/XX” in your iOS bundle. Only iOS executables can be included.

I presume you’re doing all of this with Xcode. If so, try this:

1. In the Xcode organiser, select the Xcode archive that you’re having problems with.

2. Follow the Distribute App > Custom > App Store Connect > Export workflow. This will give you an .ipa that should match the one you uploaded to App Store Connect.

3. Unpack that (it’s a zip archive, so change the extension to .zip and then just double click it in the Finder).

4. Find all the Mach-O images in the archive. I have a handy script for that here.

5. Run vtool -show-build over each to confirm the platform.

What do you see?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Thanks for your response. Output for the mentioned framework on the error message:

Hmmm, that looks fine. What does it see if you run the same test against your app’s main executable?

Share and Enjoy

I see this:

That looks fine too. Weird.

I’d like to clarify the point at which this fails. If, in the Xcode organiser, you click Validate App, does that flag this failure?

Share and Enjoy

Incorrect platform, arm64 executable

Q