AASA file not being downloaded, returning error

Hi Apple,

We have been using Associated Domains and Universal Linking for years now, without any problem. Recently, users began having problems accessing the app through Universal Links. A quick look in the swcutil_show.txt file (through Analytics gathering in the sysdiagnose) at what the system tried to download revealed that the Apple Server had issues downloading our AASA file:

Error Domain=SWCErrorDomain Code=7 "SWCERR00101 Bad HTTP Response: 502 Bad Gateway -- {"status":"502 Bad Gateway"}" UserInfo={Line=275, Function=-[SWCDownloader URLSession:dataTask:didReceiveResponse:completionHandler:], NSDebugDescription=SWCERR00101 Bad HTTP Response: 502 Bad Gateway -- {"status":"502 Bad Gateway"}, UnderlyingError=Error Domain=HTTP Code=404 "(null)" UserInfo={Line=275, Function=-[SWCDownloader URLSession:dataTask:didReceiveResponse:completionHandler:]}} 

I was wondering if there was ANY way of knowing what cause the 404? Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. Could you please post the applink domain for this issue? In case you don't want to provide this information publicly in the forums, could you instead submit a code-level support request so we can discuss this further privately?

When you create the request, please indicate that you were referred by someone at Apple and make sure to include a link to this thread.

Also, provide the app ID of any app associated with these domains or using the Universal Link. As well as the result from running curl -v YOUR_LINK in Terminal as shown in post?

Thanks.

I'm seeing the exact same thing, even when swcutil has developer mode enabled which I would assume does the same thing as appending ?mode=developer in the applinks and bypass the CDN to go directly to the server. Was I misreading this?

You should not use the developer mode on swcutil to verify the configuration.

I recommend referring to the Tech Note for instructions on how to verify the file's format using the command 'sudo swcutil verify'. It's a comprehensive resource that will also guide you through setting up the file correctly. Please, feel free to share your file here so I can provide further recommendations and suggestions.

I hope this helps resolve the issue.

AASA file not being downloaded, returning error

Q