OSASCRIPT App suddenly executes as X86

My applescript calls a perl script to convert a file. When I call the perl from commandline, everything works fine.

When I call the applescript (by dropping a file on it), this error occurs:

Can't load '/Library/Perl/5.30/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Encode/Encode.bundle' for module Encode: dlopen(/Library/Perl/5.30/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Encode/Encode.bundle, 0x0001): tried: '/Library/Perl/5.30/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Encode/Encode.bundle' (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have 'arm64', need 'x86_64')), '/

which I interprete that OSA runs in Rosetta mode now.

This error did not occur at least until Mar 27, when I used it last. Of course on the same machine.

How is it possible that OSA now is called under Rosetta? Has there been a chacnge in Ventura 13.6.6? How to control that this OSA runs as native arm64?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 798278022

Our engineering teams need to investigate this issue, as resolution may involve changes to Apple's software. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could open a bug report, include an Xcode project that demonstrates the problem and some directions for reproducing the problem, and post the FB number here once you do.

Bug Reporting: How and Why? has tips on creating your bug report.

Our engineering teams need to investigate this issue, as resolution may involve changes to Apple's software. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could open a bug report, include an Xcode project that demonstrates the problem and some directions for reproducing the problem, and post the FB number here once you do.

Bug Reporting: How and Why? has tips on creating your bug report.

OSASCRIPT App suddenly executes as X86

Q