Error: apple/apple/game-porting-toolkit 1.1 did not build

My MacBook Air M1 has installed Mac OS Sonoma 14.3.1, and I tried to install game-poring-toolkit tonight. After the step which it requires me to input the command "brew -v install apple/apple/game-porting-toolkit", Terminal ran for minutes. But at the end this error appeared: Error: apple/apple/game-porting-toolkit 1.1 did not build. I don't know anything about coding and software. Could someone please tell me what cause this error and how to fix it after you read my post? I will appreciate your help!

Security @Apple, please flag the current Apple Homebrew formula used in the installation of the Game Porting Toolkit at <https://github.com/apple/homebrew-apple/blob/main/Formula/game-porting-toolkit.rb> as security risk, since it installs outdated network, encryption and security components on user's machines (e.g. openssl 1.1). It is obvious to even a cursory reviewer that this script is completely un-salvageable, and seems to be in that state for quite some time, probably for reasons beyond the scope of bug reports. However, now, This requires a complete rewrite with up-to-date dependencies and should not be part of a 2.0 release in it's current state, even at a beta stage.

same issue, and 15.1 is not working. now you will be prompted:

Error: Your Xcode (15.0) is outdated.
Please update to Xcode 15.4 (or delete it).
Xcode can be updated from the App Store.

but if you are using 15.4 still get the error message:

Logs:
     /Users/AAAA/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/00.options.out
     /Users/AAAA/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/01.configure
     /Users/AAAA/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/01.configure.cc
     /Users/AAAA/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/02.make
     /Users/AAAA/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/wine64-build
If reporting this issue please do so to (not Homebrew/brew or Homebrew/homebrew-core):
  apple/apple

Can confirm the same error is still occurring with the latest version of Xcode and Command Line Tools on Sonoma as of July 27, 2024.

Can also confirm that

JUL 29, still the same error.

• Shows error for previous versions
  • Shows error for the latest updated versions as well

Temir is right: Even after updating CLT to version 15.3 and macOS Sonoma to 14.6, the error persists.

@mmewh Same!!! Spent an hour compiling with Xcode 15.1 & CLT 15.1 only to get a message: "hey, your Xcode is outdated" *facepalm

From the readme included with the GPTK 2.0 beta:

1. Setup your development and Homebrew environment
	•	Ensure that you are usihg Command Line Tools for Xcode 15.1. Visit https://developer.apple.com/downloads 
to download this older version of the tools. Note: there is a header file layout change preventing the use of newer versions of the macOS SDK which we are well aware of.

Haha, "well aware of" Why even publish this stuff if it is unbuildable in its current state? Shocking incompetence, unexpected from Apple (although.... Xcode is probably the saddest apple product)

@mmewh macOS Sonoma 14.6, same error : Error: Your Xcode (15.1) is outdated.

MacBook Pro M3.

Tried to build as specified in the readme included with the toolkit 2.0 beta. They specifically said to install Xcode 15.1 & CLT 15.1

This is highly unfortunate, hope they fix it soon

It is unbelievable that since March he has still not solved the problem, which is pretty stupid if you go and look at the log: cat: /Users/xxxx/Library/Logs/Homebrew/game-porting-toolkit/wine64-build: Is a directory

Same issue here :/

Upgraded to Sequoia and the version of Xcode's Command Line Tools is 16. Sadly, same issue...

Same after Sequoia installation. Error: apple/apple/game-porting-toolkit 1.1 did not build and the most killing message in logs :

If reporting this issue please do so to (not Homebrew/brew or Homebrew/homebrew-core): apple/apple

@apple *** ?

Q