HealthKit permission sheet appears every time for some users - bug?

The HealthKit permission sheet is showing up every time the app opens for a few users of my app. It doesn't matter what action they take in the sheet. I have had them try toggling the permissions from the HealthKit system settings but that did not happen to fix the problem.

Has anyone experienced this problem or know a fix? Its affecting a few users of my app. I haven't been able to find what in my code could be doing this, I suspect its a bug on HealthKit's side for specific users. I can't find anyone reporting this problem elsewhere so I have to assume its my fault, but the docs clearly state that the permission sheet will only be presented once.

Hello steve23,

I am also facing the same issue with HealthKit permission sheet for heart rate data only.

Any solution on this?

I noticed the same issue lately when testing with my own devices. When looking at the health access rights in the system settings for my own app, the read permissions have disappeared, similar to the state where the app has never requested any permissions.

We've also been experiencing the Health Permissions appearing each time they are requested (However, not all the permissions, only a subset of what was requested). Has anyone found a resolution to this issue?

Same issue as you have described... even resetting phone to factory defaults doesn't fix it.

Ran into the same issue where the read permission for workouts was never saving correctly and would cause the system dialog to re-fire every time. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times, trying out different permissions, trying different build types(debug vs release). None of these seemed to work, but I eventually got it working using another device. Not sure specifically which steps got things working again for me, but I did the following:

• On another device, I signed out of my I cloud account, reinstalled the app and was able to get the permissions to set correctly.
  • I then re-signed into my iCloud account on that device
  • I then re-installed the app on my main device, got the permissions prompt, then the permissions persisted correctly.

Not sure specifically what this points to but it seems like iCloud may be involved. Its possible that all you would need to do is sign out of iCloud, get the permissions set correctly, then log back in and the other device isn't necessary at all.

My business partner is experiencing this issue. He raised FB15201360 if anyone wants to dupe.

You can just go round in circles forever. You can see the write permissions disappear before the screen goes offscreen.

https://cln.sh/bkSdF6YQ

HealthKit permission sheet appears every time for some users - bug?

Q