Strange visionOS Simulator

I found that my visionOS Simulator is very strange. Many functions and features are missing. For example, I learned from the Internet that the immersive scenes of Environments in their visionOS Simulator can be opened, but I click There was no response after the attack. There are not only these, but also many system features. I saw on the Internet that other developers have them, and I am missing. I'm worried that this will have an impact on me when testing my app. May I ask why?

Some information:

My updated Xcode version is the latest Xcode15.1Beta. Device: iMac (2021) Simulator system number: 21N305

Answered by mrnewell in 800529022

The only thing you can really do on the visionOS simulator is develop a SwiftUI 2D app. For a 2D app you don’t even need the visionOS simulator; you can make a SwiftUI 2D app for any platform and it should mostly just work on visionOS.

Everything else that’s based in spatial computing requires the physical device.

Although you can kind of guesstimate 3D physics and USDZ lighting, or how an immersive view might appear, the simulator shows an emulated 2D view of the application that looks nothing like what the end-user sees.

It is kind of like the iPhone camera: the simulator cannot emulate the camera. You need to test on actual devices.

You could try applying for a dev kit:

https://developer.apple.com/visionos/developer-kit/

Accepted Answer

The only thing you can really do on the visionOS simulator is develop a SwiftUI 2D app. For a 2D app you don’t even need the visionOS simulator; you can make a SwiftUI 2D app for any platform and it should mostly just work on visionOS.

Everything else that’s based in spatial computing requires the physical device.

Although you can kind of guesstimate 3D physics and USDZ lighting, or how an immersive view might appear, the simulator shows an emulated 2D view of the application that looks nothing like what the end-user sees.

It is kind of like the iPhone camera: the simulator cannot emulate the camera. You need to test on actual devices.

You could try applying for a dev kit:

https://developer.apple.com/visionos/developer-kit/

Strange visionOS Simulator

Q