Lock Screen Password Reset Impossible Since Sonoma

Posting this here in hopes someone at Apple will be made aware.

Since Sonoma, the "Old Password" field was removed from the Reset Password UI.

Apparently, this made it impossible to reset a password from the lock screen even when the password meets the requirements.

Since there was no other option but to forcefully reboot, the Reset Password UI on the login screen was even less intuitive. Enter password, prompted to reset password, specify new password (same password attempted from Lock Screen Rest Password UI), Reset Password button grayed out. Hmm. Where do I enter my old password that I just entered to trigger the Reset Password UI? Oh, the "Enter Password" field.

We've had two users resort to resetting their password with the FileVault recovery key due to this Reset Password UI change.

If anyone else has in an environment with MacOS Sonoma devices managed by MDM, would be interested to know if the same behavior occurs.

Here is a better screenshot of the lock screen showing that my password meets the requirements yet won't let me reset it. Again, my theory is that it requires the old password but there's no place to provide it.

The lock screen password reset issue appears to be resolved in Sonoma 14.1 as I'm no longer able to replicate.

Lock Screen Password Reset Impossible Since Sonoma

Q