internal healthkit error: "Unable to invalidate interval: no data source avallable"

we are seeing what appears to be an internal healthkit error appearing in our app.  not sure if it's connected, but we've mostly seen it reported on devices running ios 16.  even though our app's primary language is japanese, and in all reported occurrences the app was running in japanese, the error message itself appears in english.  searching the error string on the web yields surprisingly few results (including only two mentions on this forum that i could find, neither of which seemed relevant).  this would seem to suggest that it's coming from something deep inside healthkit, since the error message is not localized. 

in all reported cases, the user had recently upgraded to a new iphone.  in most cases, the problem only occurs on the new device even though everything had been working correctly prior to the upgrade.  the error occurs when the app is unable to read step count data from healthkit.

we have confirmed that the app has been granted access permissions to all health data via os settings.  we've also tried having the user toggling those settings off, then back on, rebooting the device, deleting and reinstalling the app, etc., to no avail.

the error message is "Unable to invalidate interval: no data source avallable."

we'd appreciate it if anyone can shed more light on this issue.

thanks!

a quick update (2023.01.20): as of this writing, 313 views on this, and no replies; we finally decided to burn a TSI on it ... DTS said, "We believe this issue is a bug. Please file a bug report ...", so we did, FB11958019. no workarounds, etc.., as yet. will try to post again if we discover anything.

update 2 (2023.01.25): DTS: "no code-level workaround at this time"; the feedback is still open

Happy to see this ticket as I am also faceing similar problem after some user upgraded to ios 16, we are wondering any fix available now.

update 3 (2024.10.03): we're still seeing the issue periodically, so i went to check on my FB today, and found that it had completely disappeared with no notice and no way to search for it, so i created another, FB15365582

internal healthkit error: "Unable to invalidate interval: no data source avallable"

Q