Trackpad click not working

I installed Big Sur a few days ago, today i woke up to see my trackpad click is not working. The other functions of trackpad are working normal like the gestures etc but cant click, left and right click also not working. Tried using an external usb mouse but only the right click works not the left (main) click. Any suggestions or inputs as to why this is happening? Any way to resolve this?
I have the same problem, right click not working since the last Big Sur 11.2 update !?!
Solution: until Apple sorts this out, I'm using an old USB optical mouse I had laying around. Gets the job done and tells me the issue is most likely with BlueTooth communication.
I got the macOS Big Sur 11.2 update on 2/5/2021 my trackpad's "click" hasn't worked since. I can't force click or click and drag. I've resorted to using a USB mouse. Apple, please get his fixed.
Hello people, spent the all day struggling with this issue. Only double click worked. Bought a mouse. Called Apple support and got a $370 service estimation. Didn’t go to Apple Store because couldn’t find any open. After trying everything checked the trackpad setting and found the option ‘tap to click’ - tap with one finger was unchecked due to my refusal to update macOS I guess. Just saying. But definitely I was ‘forced’ to update my MacBook due to this double/one click issue. Good luck 🍀
Same problem here!!
Not sure if it has to do with connecting to external monitors, but I noticed my 2019 16” MBP click and right click stopped working shortly after hooking it up to two external monitors.

SOLUTION: what worked for me was oddly enough to just turn on a 2.4GHz mouse I had connected to it and then click worked on both my mouse and my trackpad.

When I turned it off again, my trackpad also stopped working. Then I restarted my computer and turned off the external mouse and the trackpad worked normally again for now.
I’ve had the same issue with my MacBook Pro 2020. It’s annoying, I paid a lot of money for this to just be happening, the trackpad was working fine for me yesterday night. I woke up this morning, it didn’t want to click. I can move the cursor but can’t click on anything. It’s been 3 days, I’m annoyed at this point.
Confirmed 14 Feb 2021! Mac M1: BigSur 11.3 (Latest update for Developers)
Secondary Click with 2 fingers: Not Working

Trackpad sometimes stuck and became unresponsive for a few seconds!
Battery dropped from 100% -> 20% in ~ 6hrs when temperature is low ~ 7 - 14 when in sleep mode!
  • > my air-conditioner was not used at all, i'm a bit concerned as it's only a few weeks since I used it.

• > my other Macbook pro (2015) just shutdowns when it's cold like that, so I had to use adapter all the time.

Bluetooth Bug occurred after a while - cannot find Airpod Pro
Airdrop Bug not working after a while - cannot send items to iPhone
> must restart Mac to fix Bluetooth + Airdrop bugs
I suffered the same issue two or three times (MacBook Pro M1 with Big Sur 11.2.1). I can see the cursor on the screen but cannot move it. The good thing is that the trackpad still responded, blindly.
Hi everyone my MacBook 2014 was working fine until yesterday and today morning I installed the pending updates Big Sur 11.2.1 and found my trackpad completely not working and keyboard randomly struck . And found many users are having the same issue after update .
FYI right click 2 fingers, it works now for latest update 11.3 only if i press more firmly (M1) vs my Mac 2015!

Thanks Apple!
hi everyone today morning i got the trackpad and keyboard issue , i connected to apple support and after some discussion they suggested to reset smc which worked for me please do try if it works for you ,

Please follow the below :

please shut down your Mac. And using the built-in keyboard, press and hold Shift-Control-Option keys on the left side of the keyboard then press and hold the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds then release all the keys. You won’t see any response on your Mac while pressing these keys. After 10 seconds, release the keys and press on the power button again to turn on your Mac.
I'm seeing this as well on my mother's iMac with an external touchpad. I see this problem even when I'm attached to the computer remotely using RemotePC.

What fixes it for me is right clicking on an application in the Dock and then right clicking on Quit. That seems to reset the mouse somehow and the left click starts working again.

My mother has called me two days in a row so this problem seems systemic. I see that others have had success with external mice so I may try that.

Just had it happened again to my mother's computer. The right click did not work this time but option-clicking on on of the applications foregrounded it and cleared the issue. So some click+keyboard combination which switches applications either by foregrounding or quitting seems to clear the issue.

Same issue with my mid 2015 MacBook Pro.

This seems to have fixed the issue for me.
Open the computer in safe mode. Then reboot computer again.

Thanks to RogerPaolo who posted this fix here a while ago.
Trackpad click not working

Q