CloudKit/CoreData requests in Extension

Is there any way I can access my CloudKit container from my Siri Intent Extension? I'd like to query my data in response to a Shortcut Intent.

My first thought was to add the CloudKit capability to my project, but when I create a new project in Xcode 12 using CloudKit it doesn't show me the iCloud options when adding capabilities to my Intent. There are noticeably few capabilities displayed.

Is it expected that users can access CloudKit data from extensions, or would my AppDelegate need to handle this intent from my main app target
You should not expect to access CloudKit directly from an extension or intent. Instead you can keep your persistent store file in a group container (using an app group) which gives you access to the data.

You should initialize the persistent store (or persistent store description) in your intent without the cloudKItContainerOptions set.
How do I access CloudKit from Siri Intent Handler?
For example, I want to tell Siri to log some value, store it to Core Data and also trigger a CloudKit operation to save to iCloud.
Only the Core Data persistence works via App Group. But CloudKit operation is not triggered.

Also, when I run the Siri Intent from Xcode (Debug) execution on my device, the CloudKit operation is triggered. But the same thing doesn't work in Release(install the app on my device and tell Siri).
CloudKit/CoreData requests in Extension

Q