Bluetooth permission dialog in iOS18

On the OS18 build in Xcode16 of my app, user is no longer asked for bluetooth permissions.

On the current market build, the user is asked for bluetooth permissions at startup along with Siri and notifications permissions. The siri and notification prompts still display, but not the Bluetooth.

I can't find any bluetooth permission related changes in hte release notes and nothing in the code or the info.plist has changed and "Privacy - Bluetooth Always Usage Description" is listed as expected.

I now get a "Allow "xxxz" to find devices on local networks?" But not the Bluetooth permission dialog.

Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

While iOS 18 has a new look for the Bluetooth permissions dialog, it should still mention Bluetooth.

Perhaps you have a change in your code path that is no longer initiating CoreBluetooth right away or at the point you were expecting to. Perhaps the code path for requesting local network access is running earlier.

It is not possible to guess what might be going on with your app. If you are able to create a very simple project that only accesses CoreBluetooth resources, and is able to reproduce this problem, we can take a look as to why that might be happening.

Argun Tekant /  DTS Engineer / Core Technologies

Bluetooth permission dialog in iOS18

Q