CoreData/Database question

I am working on an app that will have about 200mb of data in a database. I would like to install a json file with 3-4 mb on the phone with the app, and then be able to send small packets of information to the user of the app as they are using the app, for example if they hit a button with a link to an instagram page, I can have the database/server send the link to the app, it will be just small bits of information going from the database to the phone, and perhaps I would do some location tracking and getting some information from the user to build up personal preferences etc. I'm wondering if coredata would be the best way to get smaller packets of information to the phone quickly or if I should think about firebase or something else. I was interested in using Cloudkit, but it seems like Cloudkit is really more about syncing devices and for getting information from the user to the database. It's been really hard to find any information about the strengths versus weaknesses of different databases and how they interact with mobile apps.

CoreData/Database question

Q