Palm Menu Button Issue

Hi, we have in our app an immersive space and we taught the palm menu button is not available in immersive spaces, but when I look in the hand and tap the menu button appear. Is it possible to keep it hidden? Because we a have an hand tracking feature in palm and when we try to press a button to overlap the palm it triggers the menu button and then when the user presses again by mistake, it sends the application to the background.

This is very important for us because we would like to release this hand-tracking feature as soon as possible.

Here is a link with to a video with the problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cfOcdzF19h_mbmpvkVNCJjXEBJecVeJL/view?usp=sharing

Answered by Vision Pro Engineer in 806649022

Hey @AndreiAvram99,

Have you tried using persistentSystemOverlays(_:)? If you set this to .hidden the home indicator will no longer immediately appear, it will appear if the user looks and taps on their palm. Please note that you can indicate a preference with this modifier, but the system might or might not be able to honor that preference.

For more info please check out Working with system overlays in visionOS.

Let me know if this helps,
Michael

Hey @AndreiAvram99,

Have you tried using persistentSystemOverlays(_:)? If you set this to .hidden the home indicator will no longer immediately appear, it will appear if the user looks and taps on their palm. Please note that you can indicate a preference with this modifier, but the system might or might not be able to honor that preference.

For more info please check out Working with system overlays in visionOS.

Let me know if this helps,
Michael

Palm Menu Button Issue

Q