Passwords API in Sequoia

I see that all of my passwords moved from both login and iCloud keychains to Passwords app. The API that worked SecItemCopyMatching now returns -25300 aka not found. What's the API to access passwords in Sequoia ?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 806553022
What's the API to access passwords in Sequoia ?

The introduction of the Passwords app does not change the API story. For more on that, I recommend that you read through TN3137 On Mac keychain APIs and implementations.

I also recommend that you have a read of:

This is an API that’s very easy to use incorrectly, and sometimes such problems go unnoticed until some implementation detail within the system changes.

If you continue to have problems, please post back with more details about your code.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

What's the API to access passwords in Sequoia ?

The introduction of the Passwords app does not change the API story. For more on that, I recommend that you read through TN3137 On Mac keychain APIs and implementations.

I also recommend that you have a read of:

This is an API that’s very easy to use incorrectly, and sometimes such problems go unnoticed until some implementation detail within the system changes.

If you continue to have problems, please post back with more details about your code.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Passwords API in Sequoia

Q