Icon for Journals Suggestions API

My app includes use of the new journal suggestions API. I'd like to know what is the official icon for the button in my app which bring up the .journalingSuggestionsPicker

Another app, DayOne uses the icon attached. Is this the official icon? If yes, does it have a SFSymbols name?

Developer support were unable to help me.

Any help appreciated - many thanks

Answered by DTS Engineer in 806691022

Hi @AndrewExploreFun,

There is no symbol for Journal or Journaling Suggestions in SF Symbols 6. However, if you'd like for the SF Symbols team to include a symbol for the Journaling Suggestions API please submit a request via Feedback Assistant.

However, the image you provided above does appear to use a mix of existing symbols, specifically:

• wand.and.sparkles ()
  • pencil ()

You could duplicate an existing symbol in SF Symbols, or export the SVG file, to create a Custom Symbol. Please read the documentation below to learn more:

Creating custom symbol images for your app https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiimage/creating_custom_symbol_images_for_your_app

Cheers,

Paris X Pinkney |  WWDR | DTS Engineer

Hi @AndrewExploreFun,

There is no symbol for Journal or Journaling Suggestions in SF Symbols 6. However, if you'd like for the SF Symbols team to include a symbol for the Journaling Suggestions API please submit a request via Feedback Assistant.

However, the image you provided above does appear to use a mix of existing symbols, specifically:

• wand.and.sparkles ()
  • pencil ()

You could duplicate an existing symbol in SF Symbols, or export the SVG file, to create a Custom Symbol. Please read the documentation below to learn more:

Creating custom symbol images for your app https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiimage/creating_custom_symbol_images_for_your_app

Cheers,

Many thanks for this reply. Much appreciated.

So - are you saying that Apple doesn't have a standard symbol for Journal Suggestions?

Hi @AndrewExploreFun,

Correct, there is no publicly available symbol for Journaling Suggestions today. I've filed an internal bug to provide an official symbol in SF Symbols (r.136995531).

Cheers,

Awesome - thanks

It'd be super-helpful if when it's decided you could post here what it is.

Thanks for your quick replies

Icon for Journals Suggestions API

Q