MFA MacOS At ScreenSaver (Lock Screen).

Hi ,

I did The MFA(2FA) of Email OTP For MacOS Login Screen using, Authorization Plugin, Using This git hub project. It is working For Login Screen , Im trying to Add The Same plugin for LockScreen but it is not working at lock Screen , Below is the reffrense theard For The issue , https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/127614, please Share The Code that should Present the NSwindow at Screen Saver (Lock Screen) MacOS .

Answered by DTS Engineer in 806189022

I presume that MFA stands for multi-factor authentication.

In general, it’s a good idea to give your thread a title that’s doesn’t contain jargon like that, because not all readers share your background. For example, here at Apple MFA might stand for made for Apple or mold flow analysis [1]. See tip 13 in Quinn’s Top Ten DevForums Tips for more about this idea.

As to your technical question, you won’t be able to present a UI at screen unlock time from a PAM module.

It is possible to do this from an authorisation plug-in, but there’s a critical caveat: At screen unlock time you can’t present the UI directly. Rather, build your plug-in to use an SFAuthorizationPluginView subclass.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] Sometimes I wish I’d chosen mech eng rather than comsci (-:

I presume that MFA stands for multi-factor authentication.

In general, it’s a good idea to give your thread a title that’s doesn’t contain jargon like that, because not all readers share your background. For example, here at Apple MFA might stand for made for Apple or mold flow analysis [1]. See tip 13 in Quinn’s Top Ten DevForums Tips for more about this idea.

As to your technical question, you won’t be able to present a UI at screen unlock time from a PAM module.

It is possible to do this from an authorisation plug-in, but there’s a critical caveat: At screen unlock time you can’t present the UI directly. Rather, build your plug-in to use an SFAuthorizationPluginView subclass.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] Sometimes I wish I’d chosen mech eng rather than comsci (-:

MFA MacOS At ScreenSaver (Lock Screen).

Q