FB15286954: Loss of 2FA verification codes

Hello,

I'll describe an issue I just reported as FB15286954, hoping to see your thoughts on it / what might've gone wrong.

Earlier today, I created an account for a website on my iPhone running the release version of iOS 18.0 using Safari, then added 2FA via the Passwords app. I logged in, checked that it works, then closed Safari and did something else (not much on my phone). In the meantime the phone shut down due to low battery.

When I charge it again, and open the Passwords app, I come to find out that the verification codes for this website are gone…

What could've gone wrong? I was prompted by the website to save a code to check that 2FA was properly configured, so I think I saved it properly in the app (by the way, the password was still there, properly saved). I assume there was a syncing error between iCloud and my iPhone due to low battery?

Is there any way to recover the verification codes? I'll try to reclaim the account through the website's support channels, but I'm wondering if I could still retrieve it somehow.

Answered by CMDdev in 806077022

I think I figured why this happened, but I believe the UI/UX could be improved.

It appears that I did not click the "Done" button and just closed the app, so the key did not get saved.

I think it would make sense if this info was automatically saved, especially since there is a "delete" button on the exact same page. I think this behavior may confuse users.

Accepted Answer

I think I figured why this happened, but I believe the UI/UX could be improved.

It appears that I did not click the "Done" button and just closed the app, so the key did not get saved.

I think it would make sense if this info was automatically saved, especially since there is a "delete" button on the exact same page. I think this behavior may confuse users.

FB15286954: Loss of 2FA verification codes

Q