KeyedUnarchive a previously object archived with NSArchiver archivedDataWithRootObject

Hi, in my previous macOS app I used to archive a dictionary to a preference file using

[NSArchiver archivedDataWithRootObject:dictionary];

and to unarchive it using

[NSUnarchiver unarchiveObjectWithData:dataFromDisk];

Now I would like to replace the 2 deprecated methods with

NSError *error;

NSSet *classSet = [NSSet setWithObjects:[NSDictionary class], [NSArray class], [NSString class], [NSNumber class], [NSData class], nil];

NSDictionary *dictionary = [NSKeyedUnarchiver unarchivedObjectOfClasses:classSet fromData:dataFromDisk error:&error];

But I get a nil dictionary and the error 4864: non-keyed archive cannot be decoded by NSKeyedUnarchiver. So I guess I should first keep on unarchiving the preferences dataFromDisk using the old deprecated method

Then I could use the new NSKeyedArchiver and NSKeyedUnarchiver methods for the upcoming release.

But, if this deprecated method

fails to unarchive the old data (and on some machines now it fails), how could I use the new methods? Should I consider my old preference file gone?

Is a way to force the new NSKeyedUnarchiver method to unarchive data previously archived with NSArchiver ?

KeyedUnarchive a previously object archived with NSArchiver archivedDataWithRootObject

Q