Swift Package Manager (SPM) can't load recently used dependencies or find new one since upgrade to Xcode16

Since upgrading to Xcode 16 Swift Package Manager seems to be broken. It can't load recently used packages (just spins the progress indicator). Same thing when trying to search for a new package.

I've looked online and can't find anything useful. I've deleted all the caches. Resetting existing packages completes successfully.

Anyone else seen this before and have any suggestions? Thanks

facing same issue even after reinstalling the xcode completely

Same here.

After a lot of digging I finally found a solution that worked - at least for me. Seems that somehow something had become corrupt in the list of recent packages held in the Xcode preferences plist.

I edited ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist and deleted a bunch of of items from the IDESwiftPackageAdditionAssistantRecentlyUsedPackages key.

After doing this, did the usual cache and derived data stuff and things started working again. Hope this helps someone else.

Swift Package Manager (SPM) can't load recently used dependencies or find new one since upgrade to Xcode16

Q