iOS 18 Control Widget Button won't open app

XCode Version 16.0 (16A242d)
iPhone 12 - iOS 18 (22A3354)
Macbook Air M1 - Sonoma 14.6.1

I am currently working on building Control Buttons for our app and I have consistently run into the same issue:

Unknown NSError The operation couldn’t be completed. (LNActionExecutorErrorDomain error 2018.)

This error can be found in the following posts:

Apple Developer Forums - Post 1

Apple Developer Forums - Post 2

Apple Developer Forums - Post 3

StackOverflow - Post 4

Github - Post 5

I've tried every single solution recommended within these posts, however nothing has worked successfully so far.

Additionally, I've tried the using .widgetUrl() on the Label() within the ControlWidgetButton like so:

ControlWidgetButton(action: JournalControlIntent()) {
                Label("Open App", systemImage: "pencil.line")
.widgetURL(URL(string: "app://control/page"))
 }

But this did not work either.

Using the recommended approach to open the app as seen here: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/widgetkit/creating-controls-to-perform-actions-across-the-system#Open-your-app-with-a-control

simply won't work since we have a Flutter app with deep linking setup. Meaning the only option is launching either a deep link or universal link. Our URL scheme is setup correctly since it's currently working for our iOS Widgets & Shortcuts(which use widgetURL & openURL).

In Post 3, the accepted answer mentions that the control file must have the Target Membership with the App and Widget Targets to work. When I try using this solution the build fails without any errors(until you run it in VSCode where there are many errors about Derived Data - Deleting the derived data doesn't fix this error)

I'm wondering if I have added the Control Widget to the incorrect folder within my XCode project? Since if you use the approach of creating a Control through XCode(File > New > Target > Widget Extension > "Include Control" > Next) it creates a top level directory in the project similar to a Stickers or Watch extension.

My Control Widgets currently reside in the [App] Widgets > Control Buttons > Control Button.swift. It's then added to my main widget definition(App Widget > App_Widget.swift):

@main
struct App_Widget: WidgetBundle {
    var body: some Widget {
    App_Widget() // works
    App_Widget_One() // works
    if #available(iOSApplicationExtension 18.0, *) {
        ControlButtonOne() // does not open app
        ControlButtonTwo() // does not open app
    }
  }
}

Thank you for your help and time!

You may want to follow up with Flutter. For a native iOS app, widgetURL works just fine.

Rico

WWDR - DTS - Software Engineer

iOS 18 Control Widget Button won't open app

Q