iOS 18: ApplicationMusicPlayer.Queue breaks if one more songs in Library

Hi there,

After upgrading to iOS 18, I noticed that ApplicationMusicPlayer.Queue behavior has broken if at least one song that is added to the queue is also in to the Apple Music Library on the device.

The resulting behavior is that the queue does not accept all the items, and only items that are in the Library are playable in the queue.

The expected behavior and the previous behavior on iOS 17 was that all the items would be added to the queue successfully. I confirmed this behavior on a separate test device running iOS 17.7.

The items added are all being fetched via MusicCatalogResourceRequest<Song> so I would expect that a requested song being present in the library would have no effect.

Updating that switching to SystemMusicPlayer doesn't fix the issue, and ApplicationMusicPlayer.state.playbackStatus is incorrect while playing the song that is in the user's Library. The song is audibly playing from the device but the playbackStatus is reported back as paused.

Hello @kylewile, our engineering teams need to investigate this issue, as resolution may involve changes to Apple's software. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could open a bug report, include a sysdiagnose, and post the FB number here once you do. Bug Reporting: How and Why? has tips on creating your bug report.

iOS 18: ApplicationMusicPlayer.Queue breaks if one more songs in Library

Q