Sign in with Apple - User migration process

Hi,

First of all I want to state that I've read and re-read these 3 links and I think they don't explain or solve my question below:

So I have to transfer one of my apps that uses "Sign in with " from one AppStore account to another one. I also want to migrate any user with an open session so that no sessions are lost.

I also have a clear idea on how to generate transfer ids and also how to retrieve new credentials (sub and email) for the migrated users.

So what's my question then? Well let's imagine I have a transfer id for each and every user, and also want to initiate the app transfer process:

1. What happens with a user who was authenticated using Sign in with Apple, during that period of time in which the app has finished transferring but the users haven't been migrated yet? Are the old account credentials still valid? (Maybe during that 60-day period time?)

2. Once I have migrated the app but haven't yet migrated users, can I safely migrate one user to test and validate the process; or is there any way to test it in a sandbox-like environment?

3. Now I execute a script that generates new credentials (sub and email) for every user with a transfer id; and update these values in my backend database: Do I have to do anything else? Do I need to perform this request from the app client even when I have updated my servers information already?

4. Is there any other remaining detail or tip to perform a smooth user migration?

Thanks,

Hello. Thanks for asking. I'll give this a try. I hope this helps.

1. For this question, I recommend contacting Apple Developer Programs Support. They might be able to provide you with more specific details about the timing.
  2. You can try testing your app in TestFlight. TestFlight uses the same Keychain credentials as your app will use when it is distributed on the App Store. So, that's a great opportunity to test your setup and verify your user experience before your app is released on the App Store.
  3. You'll need to verify whatever engineering solutions you have provided are doing what you expect them to do. Perhaps the best I can say here is do lots of testing to make sure you're getting exactly what you want from your particular implementation.
  4. From what I can tell you've looked into all the details. Please work with Apple Developer Programs Support to make sure your transfer is processed as expected. In my experience, they are usually directly involved in app transfers.

You can contact Apple Developer Program Support Team via web form <http://developer.apple.com/contact/submit.php> or via phone <http://developer.apple.com/contact/phone.php>.

Sign in with Apple - User migration process

Q