Issue with Low-Latency HLS Playback Using AVAssetResourceLoaderDelegate

Hi,

I am writing to seek any help or workaround regarding an issue I have encountered while implementing Low-Latency HLS playback using the AVAssetResourceLoaderDelegate.

I have been successfully loading playlists during HLS live playback using the AVAssetResourceLoaderDelegate. However, after introducing Low-Latency HLS, I have run into a problem.

When the AVPlayer loads low-latency content playback natively, everything works fine. But when I use the delegate for loading, I encounter the following error from AVPlayer's status observer:

CoreMediaErrorDomain -15410 Low Latency: Server must support http2 ECN and SACK

It seems there is no problem since playback does not stop, but there is a very critical part missing. The playback does not achieve the expected low latency and behaves similarly to standard HLS.

Additionally, this behavior only occurs on iOS 16 devices and simulators. On iOS 17 simulators and devices, the error message does not appear, and the latency remains low as expected.

Therefore, I suspect that there might be some misjudgment in the verification process within the internal implementation of AVPlayer.

Since our app needs to support iOS 16, I would appreciate any solutions, methods to try, or workarounds that you could share regarding this issue.

Thank you.

Issue with Low-Latency HLS Playback Using AVAssetResourceLoaderDelegate

Q