CLLocationManager didUpdateLocations called in an infinite loop on macOS Sequoia, despite no startUpdatingLocation called

In my app, I need a one-time location update, which I do with CLLocationManager’s requestLocation().

On iOS, it works fine, but on macOS Sequoia, the CLLocationManagerDelegate’s didUpdateLocations function is called indefinitely in the loop, until I call stopUpdatingLocation() on a manager. This should not be necessary unless I was calling startUpdatingLocation (which I am not), and seems like a newly introduced bug in Sequoia (or Xcode 16).

So, just a heads-up to everyone, it's necessary to call stopUpdatingLocation() after obtaining the location (or on error).

If you have not done so, please file a bug report for this.

Our engineering teams need to investigate this issue, as this might indicate an issue with macOS Sequoia.

We'd greatly appreciate it if you could file a bug report, and post the FB number here once you do.

Bug Reporting: How and Why? has tips on creating a successful bug report.

It would be very helpful if you could please go to https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/ and follow the instructions for Location Services for macOS to install a logging profile on your device. Then reproduce the issue, and follow the instructions at the above link to create a sysdiagnose. And attach that to the Feedback report as well.

Argun Tekant /  DTS Engineer / Core Technologies

CLLocationManager didUpdateLocations called in an infinite loop on macOS Sequoia, despite no startUpdatingLocation called

Q