AppIntent and AppShortcut in a macOS app

I have implemented a custom AppIntent in a macOS (14+) application and also added AppShortcuts. However whenever I try to launch it from Siri I get "Sorry something went wrong". In the documentation it states that Siri should automagically index and pick up these shortcuts/ intents. What ma I missing ?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 805779022

The intents that you declare for your App Shortcuts will be available for use in the Shortcuts app. However, voice invocation of those intents as App Shortcuts isn't available on macOS. If you'd like us to consider adding the necessary functionality, please file an enhancement request using Feedback Assistant. Once you file the request, please post the FB number here.

If you're not familiar with how to file enhancement requests, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

— Ed Ford,  DTS Engineer

Accepted Answer

The intents that you declare for your App Shortcuts will be available for use in the Shortcuts app. However, voice invocation of those intents as App Shortcuts isn't available on macOS. If you'd like us to consider adding the necessary functionality, please file an enhancement request using Feedback Assistant. Once you file the request, please post the FB number here.

If you're not familiar with how to file enhancement requests, take a look at Bug Reporting: How and Why?

— Ed Ford,  DTS Engineer

Thanks, I did manage to make it work by manually creating the shortcut which will use the AppIntent. It would be nice if it would be possible to create these shortcuts programmatically

One additional thing I should add is that if your app intents are in an domain supported by Apple Intelligence, you should look at Integrating your app with Siri and Apple Intelligence. The information I provided above is only about App Shortcuts.

—Ed Ford,  DTS Engineer

AppIntent and AppShortcut in a macOS app

Q