Downgrade to visionOS 1.3 from ipsw file

I'm trying to downgrade my visionPro to visionOS 1.3. I downloaded the visionOS 1.3 ipsw file from the Apple Developer site (on September 25, 2024), but I'm unable to restore the device using this file.

After checking ipsw.me, I noticed that visionOS 1.3 is no longer signed. This makes me wonder if the 1.3 IPSW file, although available on the developer site, might not be usable anymore.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Is there any official confirmation on whether visionOS 1.3 can still be restored?

Answered by Vision Pro Engineer in 805797022

Hey @YusukeYamanaka,

Once the software updates are no longer signed you are unable to restore to them. Upgrading to the latest version of visionOS software provides the latest features, security updates, and bug fixes

You can test your application on older software versions using the simulator, or choose to bump the minimum version of your application to the latest.

Are you able to provide more information as to why you trying to restore to visionOS 1.3?

Thanks,
Michael

Accepted Answer

Hey @YusukeYamanaka,

Once the software updates are no longer signed you are unable to restore to them. Upgrading to the latest version of visionOS software provides the latest features, security updates, and bug fixes

You can test your application on older software versions using the simulator, or choose to bump the minimum version of your application to the latest.

Are you able to provide more information as to why you trying to restore to visionOS 1.3?

Thanks,
Michael

Thank you for quick reply! I’ve come to understand the situation.

In our case, our client’s visionOS is 1.3 but We have only 1.2 and 2.0. So, If we can do, we downgrade to 1.3 and test it.

Anyway, I understand 1.3 restore image on developer site is not available.

Thank you for your support!

Hey @YusukeYamanaka,

You can download additional simulators (including visionOS 1.3) in Xcode. Navigate to Xcode > Settings (⌘ ,), and then under the Components tab you can add Previously Released Simulators using the + button in the bottom left corner.

Hope this helps,
Michael

Downgrade to visionOS 1.3 from ipsw file

Q