Live Activity activityBackgroundTint not using dark mode colour variant

I have defined a colour in the asset catalog of my widget extension. I am using this widget extension for my live activity. This colour has both an ‘Any’ and ‘Dark’ appearance. I am using this colour in the activityBackgroundTint modifier for my main live activity view (the ActivityPreviewViewKind is content, visible on the Lock Screen). In light mode, this works as expected, but in dark mode, the background colour is still the light mode variant. The content within the view changes according to whether the system is in light or dark mode, but the background does not.

I want to avoid using just the background modifier instead of activityBackgroundTint, as this does not colour the ‘Allow Live Activities from …’ and ‘Clear’ sections, which is undesirable.

I have also tried reading colorScheme from the environment and choosing the light or dark mode colour variant accordingly, but this workaround also doesn’t completely work. If you keep changing from light and dark mode (via the Settings app, not the control centre, for whatever reason), the background colour actually becomes the opposite of the expected value in this case.

Is there a workaround that can help me achieve what I want, or am I simply doing something wrong?

I have filed a bug report under FB15148099

Hi,

This is a known bug. Please follow up with your bug report.

Live Activity activityBackgroundTint not using dark mode colour variant

Q