"Terminated due to signal 9" when launching app from camera button (iPhone 16 Pro)

Hello,

I have followed the Creating a camera experience for the Lock Screen guide, and can now launch my app using the iPhone 16's new camera button.

That said, after about 10 seconds the app is force-closed by the OS, with the only message appearing in the console: "Terminated due to signal 9".

This error does not happen when:

• launching the app via physical camera button when device is locked
  • launching the app by tapping the icon on the Home Screen

It is only happening when:

• launching the app via physical camera button from the Home Screen when device is unlocked

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Answered by edee1337 in 806238022

It looks like the app is being kicked out if it doesn't handle AVCaptureEventInteraction.

In my app you could previously remap each volume button for specific controls. Since AVCaptureInteraction doesn't distinguish between the buttons, this is definitely a downgrade. Bit of a shame!

I'm also experiencing a same problem where the app crashes 10 seconds after being launched from the control center widget.

In my app, I have added the 'scan document' control in both the lock screen and the control center widget.

It works perfectly in the lock screen, performing the same action from the control center causes the app to crash 10 seconds after launch.

Accepted Answer

It looks like the app is being kicked out if it doesn't handle AVCaptureEventInteraction.

In my app you could previously remap each volume button for specific controls. Since AVCaptureInteraction doesn't distinguish between the buttons, this is definitely a downgrade. Bit of a shame!

"Terminated due to signal 9" when launching app from camera button (iPhone 16 Pro)

Q