ClassKit App Freezing Issue

Hello Apple Developer Team,

I hope you’re doing well.

I’m writing to report an issue with the Schoolwork app and ClassKit integration.

We’ve implemented the ClassKit framework according to the documentation, and while it works fine when the app is terminated, we encounter a problem when the app is in the background.

When accessing a student’s profile in the Schoolwork app and clicking the START and CONTINUE buttons, the Sample ClassKit app opens via the deep link. However, the app freezes after about 3 seconds and remains unresponsive until we receive the Student Progress Alert, which takes approximately 15 seconds.

We’re only experiencing this issue and would greatly appreciate your technical support to resolve it.

Thank you for your assistance, and I look forward to your response.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

Open the Sample ClassKit app. Open the Settings app. Navigate to Developer and select ClassKit API. Choose Teacher. Open the Schoolwork app. Click on Create New Assignment. A popover view titled New Assignment will appear. Click the Add Activities button (blue background) and search for the app named Sample ClassKit. Ensure the necessary symbol for Student Progress is checked. If not available, terminate all apps and reopen the Sample ClassKit project, then repeat step 1. Click on the app. Find and select the exercise titled Explore In 3D. Click the + icon and then the Done button in the top right corner. Enter the title and assign it as needed. Return to the Settings app: Navigate to Developer and select ClassKit API. Choose Student. Open the Schoolwork app: Click on the student assignment. Click either the Start or Continue button. The Sample ClassKit project will open. Click on Gallery 3 to 4 times. You will notice that the Student Progress Alert does not appear, and the app freezes if the Sample ClassKit project is coming from background to active mode. Note: The issue does not occur if the Sample ClassKit app is terminated before clicking Start or Continue; in that case, the alert appears immediately.

Our engineering teams need to investigate this issue, as resolution may involve changes to Apple's software. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could open a bug report, include directions for reproducing the problem, and post the FB number here once you do.

Bug Reporting: How and Why? has tips on creating your bug report.

I have shared the feedback via Feedback Assistant. This is feedback number(FB15307396).

ClassKit App Freezing Issue

Q