Need Help! ANCS Client

Hi

I am looking for examples where a BLE Device (ESP32 or Arduino) can be a BLE Client and subscribe to iPhone ANCS Services. Unfortunately my code is UNABLE TO FIND my iPhone device even after scanning for nearby BLE Devices.

ANCS Documentation (Not helpful): https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/CoreBluetooth/Reference/AppleNotificationCenterServiceSpecification/Specification/Specification.html

I am able to create a BLE Device as a server but I am looking to subscribe to incoming call notifications. PLEASE HELP if you have done this before.

Thanks

While we are not able to provide examples for implementing ANCS on 3rd party hardware, I am sure you would be able to get successful results with an appropriate search term.

And perhaps others from the developer community would be able to give you specific pointers.

One thing to keep in mind that the ANCS service on Apple devices are not guaranteed to be available at all times. Depending on device state and what else is going on with the device at the time ANCS may not be available and be one of the advertised services. If you are not able to detect it one time, you may be able to at a later time.

Argun Tekant /  DTS Engineer / Core Technologies

Thank you for your reply. Is there any alternative to ANCS to get notifications for incoming iphone calls on a BLE Client or a Server ? Appreciate your response

Need Help! ANCS Client

Q