IOS 18 Safari on Mobile data network not uploading files

Hello,

I am facing a strange issue on iOS 18. After upgrading to iOS 18, I noticed the following problem:

When connected to mobile data (with Wi-Fi turned off) and trying to upload a file larger than 1MB, the connection times out. However, if I repeat the same action using Wi-Fi, everything works fine.

I have tested this issue in various ways, but nothing seems to resolve it. It appears that iOS 18 might have introduced a bug.

You can replicate the issue using this site: https://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp4 (Note: this is not my page, but I found the same issue here).

From the server access logs, I see successful pre-flight requests, but the main POST request never follows, which suggests that the client is not sending the request.

Hi, we are experiencing the same thing. When we upload through WIFI it works normal, but through 4/5G not.

Hello, we are experiencing the same thing. Uploading seems to work fine on other browsers though... So it seems to be a Safari exclusive issue.

Hey all, I have also provided feedback in IOS. There is such app in beta IOS versions. With Build 5 it is still not working, and my feedback case still is open. @BartFranse @PolU3417 guys If possible submit also feedback in IOS so they pick this ugly issue as soon as possible.

Forgot to mention that on other browsers it works well both on WiFI and mobile network. My feedback case number is FB15233370.

IOS 18 Safari on Mobile data network not uploading files

Q