Wallet open while Write NFC

When I am trying Write Virtual NFC from my iOS app the wallet app is open everytime. I just want to write the NFC tag data to RFID reader please help me with that.

What API are you using to "write" the NFC tag data?

Basic CoreNFC functionality only allows apps to write to a tag (Creating NFC Tags from Your iPhone).

If what you mean by "Write Virtual NFC" is you want your app to turn into a tag so the reader can interact with it, this is not possible except for very specific use cases.

You can read about the capabilities and requirements for these use cases in the following documents:

NFC & SE Platform for secure contactless transactions

HCE-based contactless transactions for apps in the European Economic Area (EEA)

At this time, no other use cases are supported.

Argun Tekant /  DTS Engineer / Core Technologies .

Hello,

I'm currently developing an iOS app using CoreNFC that interacts with an RFID reader to facilitate data writing via NFC. My use case involves writing specific NFC tag data to an RFID reader in the context of an electric vehicle charging station that supports multiple RFID standards (ISO/IEC 14443A/B, ISO/IEC 15693, Mifare, FeliCa™, etc.). However, every time I attempt this NFC write operation, the Apple Wallet app opens, preventing my app from completing the NFC session.

Here are the details of the issue:

• I'm using the lower-level NFCISO14443ReaderSession API for direct tag communication, not NDEF.
  • I do not want to create a virtual NFC tag for contactless transactions; I only need to write the NFC tag data to the RFID reader, and the iPhone should act as an initiator, not a tag emulation device.
  • This behavior is consistent, and despite ensuring that I am not working with NDEF tags, the Wallet app is triggered each time.

I understand that CoreNFC supports reading and writing NFC tags under certain conditions, but I do not intend to use my app for contactless payment or emulate an NFC card for secure transactions.

Could you clarify:

1. Is there a method to prevent the Wallet app from opening during an NFC session in this scenario?
  2. Are there restrictions or conditions that I might need to account for to achieve my use case of writing NFC tag data directly to an RFID reader?
  3. Would HCE (Host Card Emulation) be a viable option for this use case, and if not, are there any other supported APIs or frameworks I could use?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards, Developer Squillion

Wallet open while Write NFC

Q