Bug: Duplicate audio playback in QuickLook with .reality files in iOS 18

I'm experiencing an issue with QuickLook in iOS 18 where.reality files with audio playback are affected. When I open a.reality file that includes audio, the audio track plays twice: once from the moment the file is opened, and again from the start of the animation. This results in a duplicate audio playback.

I've tested this issue on multiple devices running iOS 16, 17, and 18, and the problem only occurs on iOS 18. I've tried restarting the devices and checking for any software updates, but the issue persists.

Steps to reproduce:

Open a.reality file with audio playback in QuickLook on an iOS 18 device. Observe the audio playback. Expected result:

The audio track should play only once, from the start of the animation.

Actual result:

The audio track plays twice, once from the moment the file is opened and again from the start of the animation.

Device and iOS version:

I've tested this issue on iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 18, iPhone 13 running iOS 16 and iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 17,

Hello @CbrSnoop, our engineering teams need to investigate this issue, as resolution may involve changes to Apple's software. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could open a bug report, include a sysdiagnose, and post the FB number here once you do. Bug Reporting: How and Why? has tips on creating your bug report.

Bug: Duplicate audio playback in QuickLook with .reality files in iOS 18

Q