empty dSYM file detected - Xcode 16

Hi,

I recently updated to Xcode 16. Since then I successfully built my app and sent an update to the App Store.

But suddenly, after an exception I've experienced while working on my code, the app is crashing on launch, without showing the stack trace, and showing only one warning in the console:

warning: (arm64) /Users/myuser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/myapp-bglvscamatwthwbfqmtzmbvxeewc/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/myapp.app/MyApp empty dSYM file detected, dSYM was created with an executable with no debug info.
  • Tried deleting derived data
  • Erasing all simulator data
  • Reseting my computer

No change yet. Any idea what am I missing?

Thank you..

Answered by DTS Engineer in 805560022

I'm looking into this in this other thread. Any updates I have will be shared in that thread.

— Ed Ford,  DTS Engineer

I am experiencing the same issue. I even tried reverting back to 15.4, but the same issue is still occurring, very strange.

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue, and haven't been able to fix it, it was working fine before the xcode update, but after that i started experiencing the same thing as you

Hello, Facing the same issue with xcode 16.0, App is not crashing but it takes a very long time to make build.

Temporary solution till the permanent fix is go to Build Settings>Build Options>Debug Information Format, make sure both Debug and Release is DWARF only.

I'm looking into this in this other thread. Any updates I have will be shared in that thread.

— Ed Ford,  DTS Engineer

empty dSYM file detected - Xcode 16

Q